Privacy And Cookies Policy
Privacy And Cookies Policy
Data Protection Officer
MyDataModels is headquartered in Valbonne, in France. MyDataModels has appointed a data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions about MyDataModels’ personal data policies or practices. The MyDataModels’ data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows:
Les Aqueducs – 535 Route de Lucioles – 06560 Valbonne
Information We Collect
We rely on the following lawful grounds under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to process (collect, store, and use) your personal data: (a) it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (b) our or a third-party’s legitimate business interest; or (c) your consent.
Your personal information is collected either directly from you (e.g., if you create an account on our Site), or from you passively (e.g., when using tracking tools like browser cookies).
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
- Your name, email address, phone number and any other information that you provide in registering to use the Site and Services;
- Information when you contact us; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us within using the Site and Services, including personal information relating to any consent about contracts/purchases relating to MyDataModels services and /or products (usually (a subset of) your name, (email) address, telephone number, company name and address, your job title and role and, if payment is to be made to MyDataModels, credit card number or bank details).
We automatically collect other information about you, including:
- Your Internet Protocol address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your approximate geographic location;
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits; and
- Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site and Services.
If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested to perform a contract or when required by law, you will not be able to receive the Services or otherwise register on our Site.
From time to time, we may receive or purchase information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal data to us.
How We Use Your Information
We will use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services that you have requested, to administer our relationship with you and to carry out our obligations arising from the relationship between you and us, including internal accounting and administration purposes, to process payment for purchases or other services and to create and manage your account.
- To verify your identity or your email address to determine if you already have an account with us.
- For analytics purposes, for example we may analyze your information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products and the Site. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our licensees and partners.
- To provide you with email alerts that you might be interested in (and with your consent where required), for example, we may use your information to keep you up to date with our latest products, services, surveys, announcements, upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and competitions via our newsletters, emails, or other communications. If you no longer wish to receive these email alerts, details of how to opt out are described in the section “Your Rights”.
- To provide the best service to our customers and clients, for example, we may use your personal data to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- For site optimization and management, for example we may use your personal data to:
- administer the Site and our other digital offerings, including the services and products offered through the Site;
- ensure the security of our networks and of your information;
- customize your future visits to the Site and our other digital offerings based on your interests to ensure the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- improve the Site, the Services and our other digital offerings (including to fix operational problems such as pages crashing and software bugs); and
- provide services to our partners such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
- For product development and business development purposes, for example we will use information we collect from you to improve our products and develop new products.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes and to protect and defend the rights and property of MyDataModels, our employees and our business partners in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and international conventions.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site, Services and products.
- To create your profiles for blog, forums, networks.
- For events profiling.
- For employment application purposes, for example, if you contact us in relation to your employment prospects we will use your personal data to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employment opportunities at MyDataModels that you have expressed interest in. Depending on how you contact us, a separate notice may apply to the processing of your employment prospects information.
How Your Information is Disclosed
We do not disclose or otherwise share your personal information, except to:
Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners. We may use third party service providers and business partners to perform functions in connection with the Site and Services. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information. We only share information about you that they need to perform their functions and they are not allowed to use your information for any other purposes.
We carefully vet each sub-processor to ensure that their GDPR safeguards are as stringent as ours. Where appropriate, we enter into GDPR-compliant data processing agreements with the sub-processor.
Customer support specialists. Our employees provide customer support services on our behalf for MyDataModels’ Services.
Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Investigations and Law. We reserve the right to investigate any possible fraud and abuse on the Site and Services and enforce and apply the General Sales Conditions. We may disclose information about you to third parties if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- Enforce or apply the General Sales Conditions;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
Anonymous Aggregated Information. We may share anonymous aggregated information relating to users of the Site and Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Cookies, Other Storage and Web Beacons
We may collect certain personal information through cookies, web beacons and other automated means. These technologies are used for tracking, analytics and personalization and optimization of the Site and Services.
Cookies. A cookie is a text file which is stored in a dedicated area of your device’s hard drive, for instance when you visit online service, when you read an email or while installing or using a mobile app. A cookie allows its sender to identify the device on which it is stored during the period of validity of consent, which does not exceed 13 months.
Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser softwareSession cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
Other Storage. Flash cookies (also known as local stored objects) are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
Some cookies may be functional to collect information which will allow us to facilitate your browsing such as languages preferences or memorizing log-in.
Other cookies also collect information on your behavior by collecting referring URLS (where our visitors come from, which banners they clicked on and which directed them to our website), pages accessed, times of websites visits. Such information will allow us to enhance our Site and apps.
Our Site or apps may contain third party cookies (delivered by advertising agencies, analytics providers, etc.) enabling them to collect browsing information on your devices, including to measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns on third party websites. Third party cookies are subject to said third party privacy policies. We hereby inform you about the purpose of these cookies and how you can manage them, to the extent we are aware thereof.
Acceptance of cookies
Except for functional or security cookies, the use of cookie on a device depends on the user’s choice, which can be made and modified freely and at any time.
Such is also the case if we or one of our business partners can no longer recognize the type of browser your device is using such as language, display settings or country of connection. We cannot be held liable for the minimized access to our services as a result of cookies you previously deleted or rejected.
How to manage cookie settings in your browser?
Each browser has its own cookie management system, as described in the “Help” menu of your browser, where you will be provided with all necessary information about how to set your preferences.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and more:
– Go to “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
– Click on “Confidentiality”
– Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Mozilla Firefox:
– Go to “Tools” then “Options” menu
– Click on the “Privacy” settings
– Select your preferred option on the “Cookie” menu
– Go to “Files” > “Preferences”
– Click on “Privacy”
– Select your preferred options For Android browser:
– Click on the upper right button
– Go to “Settings” then “Privacy & security menu”
– Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
– In the Menu, go to “More” then “Settings”
– Select the “Privacy & security settings” menu
– Select you preferred option in the “cookies” menu
For Safari on iOS:
– In the “Settings” app, go to “Safari” menu
– Go to “Accept cookies” entry under “Privacy”
– Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
– Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
– Select “settings” then click “show advanced settings”
– In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
– In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings
When browsing our Site, all data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted between your browser and our servers. This is to ensure that the personal information that you choose to share with us, is only shared with us.
While we take adequate measures to protect the personal data you submit via the Site and Services and make sure that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect the personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, accidental or unlawful destruction, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please keep your password secure. Do not share your password with anyone else. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
Links to Other Sites
Transferring Your Personal Information
All data stored by MyDataModels will be stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities located in Europe and provided by Amazon Web Services. MyDataModels has a data processing agreement in place with its hosting provider ensuring compliance with GDPR.
We may also transfer your personal information to the service providers involved in the maintenance of our Site, apps or any other tool used for the processing of our client information.
MyDataModels shall ensure that appropriate safeguards are provided to control any potential transfer of personal data.
You authorize MyDataModels to use sub-processors acting in its name and on its behalf to assist in the processing of your personal data.
MyDataModels uses the following sub-processors:
- Stripe, Inc (payment)
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (hosting)
MyDataModels shall inform the user of any planned changes regarding the addition or replacement of a sub-processor by any written notification at its earliest convenience.
You may object to such an addition or replacement by notifying MyDataModels in writing within ten (10) days of receipt of the MyDataModels’ addition or replacement notification. You acknowledge and agree that the absence of an objection within the aforementioned period shall constitute an acceptance on your part of a new processor. In the event that you object to the appointment of a sub-processor, the parties agree that either party may terminate the subscription.
Contracts entered into by MyDataModels with any sub-processor contain the same obligations as set out in the General Sales Conditions, including requiring the sub-processor to process the user’s personal data only in accordance with MyDataModels’ written instructions.
All information relating to the processing by Amazon Web Services, Inc. of your User’s Content, as defined in the General Sales Conditions, are specified in those General Sales Conditions.
You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you. If you request such access, we will provide you with all the information as required by law on the purposes of the processing, categories of data processed, categories of recipients, data retention term, etc.).
You may also obtain a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records in a format compatible and structure to allow you to exercise your right to data portability when the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of an agreement between you and us.
You can also provide general or specific instructions on how your personal data should be processed and may be used, after your death.
You may also request that we correct, amend, erase, any information which is incomplete, out of date or inaccurate.
You can request the deletion of your Personal information (i) if your personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose of the data processing, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent on the data processing based exclusively on such consent, (iii) you objected to the data processing, (iv) the personal information processing is unlawful, (v) the personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation applicable to MyDataModels.
You may opt out at any time from the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and/or transfer of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your requests for information or materials.
You can request the restriction of the processing (i) in the event the accuracy of your personal information is contested to allow us to check such accuracy, (ii) if you wish to restrict your personal information rather than deleting it despite the fact that the processing is unlawful, (iii) if you wish us to keep your personal information because you need it for your defense in the context of legal claims (iv) if you have objected to the processing but we conduct verification to check whether it has legitimate grounds for such processing which may override your own rights.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
When your information processing is based on your consent (for instance when you accept to receive communication materials), you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any moment, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before withdrawal.
When your information is processed to pursue our legitimate interests, you may object to such processing, if our legitimate interest may be overridden by your interests and freedom.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children – Minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Site and Services. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
If we are notified (by contacting us at “Contact Us”) or learn that a minor has submitted personal data to us through our media or otherwise, we will delete such personal information.
We will retain your information where we have an obligation or ongoing legitimate business needs to do so (for example, to provide you with access to the Site and Services or other digital offerings you have requested, or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no further obligation or ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory.
If you would like us to update the information we have about you or your preferences, or if you have any questions about the protection of your personal information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org